Thursday, September 15, 2011

Take My Breath Away Thursday







Take My Breath Away Thursday is a new meme started by
Page Turners Blog. Just post a quote/scene from a book that leaves you breathless.




One of the best quotes/scenes that had me breathless was:

“Those blue, blue eyes, icy
blue, looking back at me as if I could
warm them up. They’re
pretty powerful, you know, those eyes, pretty beautiful, too.”

~*~

"Do you want some water?" you asked. "Food?"
I shook my head. I felt the tears on my cheek again. "What's
going to happen?" I whispered.
You took your head from your hands. Your eyes flashed at
me for a moment, but they weren't icy. They'd thawed a little.
They looked wet. For a second I wondered if you'd been crying
too. You saw me studying you and turned away. Then you went
out of the room and came back several minutes later with a
glass of water. You sat beside the bed and held it out to me.
"I won't do anything to you," you said.

-Stolen by Lucy Christopher



It may not be breathtaking just from those quotes alone but a book sometimes requires to read the whole book to have that effect. I loved Stolen. A very unique experience. The characters played the parts perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment