Thursday, October 21, 2010

My Soul To Take by Rachel Vincent Review

Photos will lead to GoodReads

Book Description:

She doesn't see dead people, but…

She senses when someone near her is about to die. And when that happens, a force beyond her control compels her to scream bloody murder. Literally.

My Review:

Kaylee just wants to enjoy having caught the attention of the hottest guy in school. But a normal date is hard to come by when Nash seems to know more about her need to scream than she does. And when classmates start dropping dead for no apparent reason, only Kaylee knows who'll be next…

Just to point out: It's hard for me to get into the whole sensing the near death and love triangles but I read this one because of the rave reviews and proof that there are exceptions to what people dislike. (For Example click hear for my review of The Body Finder).

In my opinion, My Soul to Take started out bland for me but promising myself to uphold the "100 page rule"...I kept on reading. As I read, I found the story original and tempting for the most part but there was just something I didn't like about it. Kaylee, the heroin, and the two boys never held my interest. Nash, the love interest, was as forgettable as the dialog itself.

To me, the book description gave me the impression that the story will be somewhat
imperative and thoroughly heart pumping, but in the end, I felt let down and lost any interest to read any of the sequels. incent an "OKAY"

2/5







Prequel: My soul to Lose {0}















Sequals : My soul to Save {2} , My soul to Keep {3} , My soul to steal {4} , If I Die {5} .


No comments:

Post a Comment