Thursday, October 21, 2010

Bruiser by Neal Shusterman Review

Note: Photos will lead to GoodReads


Tennyson:
Don't get me started on the Bruiser. He was voted "Most Likely to Get the Death Penalty" by the entire school. He's the kid no one knows, no one talks to, and everyone hears disturbing rumors about. So why is my sister, BrontË, dating him? One of these days she's going to take in the wrong stray dog, and it's not going to end well.

BrontË:
My brother has no right to talk about Brewster that way—no right to threaten him. There's a reason why Brewster can't have friends—why he can't care about too many people. Because when he cares about you, things start to happen. Impossible things that can't be explained. I know, because they're happening to me.

Award-winning author Neal Shusterman has crafted a chilling and unforgettable novel about the power of unconditional friendship, the complex gear workings of a family, and the sacrifices we endure for the people we love.

This book was a web of astonishment. A true! ...but not so true story. Throughout the book, you have the voice of four unique characters that tie things up with a great message. In my opinion, this story told a message in the most unique way I've ever read.

In a nutshell, the story is about a girl, Bronte, who has been dating "the Bruiser" to soon find out by her brother, Tennyson, that there's more to The Bruiser then just a funny name. He has a special ability that I dare not mention because it's far more deserving than to just spoil you with.
Neal Shusterman has written a well thought-out book so I really recommend you get a copy or borrow it from a library.

The humor, action, science, and sheer wonder of the story is one of a kind.

4.5/5




2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read it! Is it already released? If it is I'll feel horrible for not being a big enough fangirl not to of known. I love Neal Shusterman's books and I love to recommend him to my friends. My favorites is the Skinjacker Series (Everlost and Everwild) and Unwind. Can't wait to read Bruiser!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dude this book came out like a million yrs ago! lol. well technically months, but i like exaggerating a lil.

    ReplyDelete