Saturday, July 30, 2011

Look for me by Moonlight by Mary Downing Hahn Reveiw







Paperback, 208 pages
Published September 8th 2008 by Graphia

Book Description:

When the mysterious Vincent Morthanos arrives to stay at her father's inn, 16-year-old Cynda is mesmerized. His charm and sensitivity are irresistible. His attentiveness is constant. Cynda's sure she's in love. Daring to hope that the stranger shares her feelings, Cynda is innocently blind to who he really is--or to the terrible danger of coming under his spell.

Book Review:

Young Adult 13+

This was an interesting one; 16 year-old Cynda is currently living with her single father in a hotel he owns when a seductive vampire around the age of 30 charms her so that he may suck her blood. I don't know about you guys but it sounded like a pretty amusing read. And it was...to some extent.

I'm really picky when it comes with the characters in a book and well, Cynda was a little too flat for a story like this, I was hoping for her to be more of a broken character dealing with harsh-realities resulting in epic flaws....

But you know what I did love; that vampire! He was cree-py! Good entertainment. I was always hungry for more.

And, well, that's it...this book could've been way better but I'm still glad I read it. I didn't have high expectations at first anyway. So if your looking for a creepy, slightly dark, not so romantic(haha!) read...then definitely give this one a try!

4/5




3 comments:

  1. LOL! After reading about sparkly vampires, drop-dead gorgeous vampires, and the super-powerful yet good-at-heart vampires, I think returning to the old-fashioned creepy ones would be a cool change! x)

    Awesome review, Meghan! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like such an entertaining read. I'll put it right on my reading list ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. they are all great books!!!!(:

    ReplyDelete